Michael Ruhlman, writer, blogger, and accomplished cook asked other food bloggers to post why they cook. So here are my top ten reasons. I kept changing the order of things, but regardless of where they fall, they all contribute to why I love to cook:
10. Cooking, and a love of food, makes travel so much more interesting.
9. Homemade food tastes better.
8. It's part of my heritage.
7. I enjoy the creative outlet.
6. Who doesn't like to talk about food? It's a great ice breaker.
5. Everyone likes a good cook.
4. Entertaining family and friends with good food is so rewarding.
3. A home cooked meal brings us together as a family.
2. I love to eat.
and the number 1 reason I cook:
1. Providing healthful, fresh food for family and friends contributes to our physical and emotional well being.